Sunday 6 March 2016

Pop-up Science Museum in a bank?!


I recently visited Cambridge with my husband and popped into the Barclays Bank branch there to get some cash out of the ATM.

To my surprise there were a number of children in the branch gathered around a range of activities! As it turns out, the bank branch has a pop up science museum! It has activities for mixing colours of light and for seeing what the world looks like to people who have different perceptions of colour or colour blindness. There were a number of other little stands with hands on equipment for children and young people to use too but I didn't get the chance to look at it all.

How the world is perceived to people with different forms of colour blindness.

What colours do you get when you mix the different colours of light?
I just can't get over what a fabulous idea this is! Something to keep children's brains busy while they are waiting for a parent at the bank. I love it!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. That's what I thought too! I'd love to see more of these around.

      Delete